Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Reminders...

Do you ever get hit with a slew of reminders about something or someone? This most often happens with memories of my brother, who I lost in 2003. I'll be driving along, and see something with his initials, and then the song from his funeral will play. Or I'll hear a song from his favorite band, and someone will walk by with his cologne.

Today this happened with memories from our first miscarriage. I happened to be thinking about how we were done with babies, although a part of me will always be sad we didn't have a son. Bean piped up with a question about whether she would see her little brother or sister in heaven... "the one that was in your belly, but went right to heaven." I thought it odd that her thought pattern was so close to mine. Right after that, the song came on the radio that carried me through that miscarriage. The words spoke to my heart and comforted me so deeply at that time.

So I wonder why these little batches of reminders happen. Is it a part of the heart healing? Is it God's reminder that he got you through the rough times?

1 comment:

  1. Yeah that happens a lot. Today I kept seeing "Rose", it was the street past the church it was the it was everywhere.

    Also Next- It was in the window of one of my favorite restaurants.

    ReplyDelete